- Position Summary:
- A Generator Field Service Technician for Mr Electric, is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, performing preventive maintenance, and performing new equipment start-ups on standby generator systems, including automatic transfer switches.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customer service above and beyond the customer’s expectations
- Troubleshoot and diagnose engine and electrical repairs on power generation equipment (engine-driven generators and automatic transfer switches)
- Perform work on power generation equipment located at customer sites, or occasional work at our local shop
- Use safe practices with operation of service truck
- Perform preventive maintenance on power generation equipment
- Perform start-ups on new power generation equipment
- Perform warranty work on power generation equipment
- Process required paperwork and electronic submissions within deadlines
- Maintain parts inventory of service truck
- Participate in the rotating responsibility of a 24/7 on-call technician rotation
- JOB REQUIREMENTSEducation:High School Diploma or Equivalent required.Prefer Generac Air Cooled traning completedExperience:2 years of experience with natural or LP gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switchesRequired:
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Motivated to participate in training to increase generator knowledge
- Common hand tools and electrical meter required to perform troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams and schematics
- Excellent customer skills
- Basic computer skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position will involve working primarily outdoors, traveling to numerous customer locations with occasional work in the shop. The employee will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. The normal auto and air travel hazards will apply. This position will involve frequently working around electricity and other potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required. The employee must possess the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Position Summary:
At Mr. Electric®, you don’t just work amongst fellow expert electricians. You learn from them, too. We’re big on collaboration, sharing expertise and making each other better. That, plus a competitive salary and the chance to work with a brand with over 23 years of excellence, makes working for an independently owned and operated Mr. Electric® franchise a great career move.
Mr. Electric LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Electric® franchised system. Each Mr. Electric® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Electric LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Electric LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Electric® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Electric LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Electric LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)