We are already interviewing for this position so act fast if you want to be considered!
Mr. Electric of Triangle & Triad markets is looking for an experienced and hands-on part-time (75%) Accounting & HR Manager to oversee and perform accounting / bookkeeping, finance, payroll and HR duties. The tools, systems and vendors are already setup and we do not foresee any major changes in this. The business is operated under a Franchise Agreement as Mr. Electric. The current need is about 75% and this will over time grow to 100% since the company is growing relatively fast. We are currently some 12 persons on the team and we anticipate to be about 20 after 12 months, and some 30 after 24 months. The position is based on our offices right on the edge of Durham and Raleigh near Brier Creek Shipping Area and Hwy 70.
The Accounting & HR Manager will manage bi-monthly payroll, accounts receivables, accounts payable, sales, accounting, financial reporting, taxes, maintain corporate registrations, financial and perform HR duties, including recruiting and new hire onboarding and benefit maintenance. We run payroll through a third-party company so the role will include interfacing with and managing this third party provider.
The Accounting & HR Manager reports directly to the President and is part of the management team.
- Manage and coordinate of all fiscal reporting activities and sales tax processing.
- Develop P&L and balance sheet reports, reconciliations and development and monitoring of company budget and larger contract budgets.
- Carry out cost / cash analysis, cash flow projections and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Manage and enter Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversight of Purchasing.
- Manage banking activities.
- Manage and administrate business insurances and inventory of fixed assets.
- Be inhouse subject matter expert on employment law, regulations and policies.
- Manage and process bi-monthly payroll with third party company. Manage this third-party vendor.
- Recruiter for field electricians and office personnel.
- Conducts employment verifications, schedules background checks and coordinates new-hire drug testing.
- Manage onboarding of new employees and benefits maintenance in coordination with third party payroll company.
- Manage Employee Handbook.
- Train the staff and management team on financial / accounting / HR matters.
- Follow established processes and procedures
- Live the Code of Values of Mr. Electric
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration and/or HR.
- Min 5 years of relevant experience in Accounting, Financial Analyze & Reporting, HR, Payroll Adm, Recruiting and Business Administration.
- Min 2 years of business administration leadership/management experience.
- Experience from technical residential service industry preferred.
- Experience from Franchise service business is preferred.
- Must be expert user of QuickBooks Online.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Microsoft Excel where expert skills are required.
- Advanced communication skills; verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with potential recruitment resources and contacts on a national basis.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, consult and negotiate. Ability to analyze and evaluate skill sets.
- Ability to create and assess financial statements and budget document.
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through and the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files.
- Highly skilled in gathering and analyzing data.
- Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries.
- Handle difficult situations with professionalism and tact.
- Professional appearance and personality.
- Ability to follow a proven methodology.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Positive Attitude.
- Team player who can work independently.
- Knowledge in federal and state accounting, tax and personnel laws and policies.
- Modern fully equipped and bright offices, located 7 min drive from Brier Creek Shopping Area
- State of the art cloud-based computer and smart phone technology
- Flexibility in work schedule, General office open hours 5 work days per week Monday - Friday
- Full employee benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and401(k) Retirement Plan participation (when full-time position)
- Great opportunities for personal/organizational growth
- Work in a small team with can-do attitude without politics of large corporations
We are Mr. Electric with some 120 operating locations across US, and close to 100 locations internationally! We are the industry leader in US with the vision and plan to become industry leader globally. Our core business is electrical repair and installation services for mainly residential homes but also commercial clients. We are known for providing a customer experience of professionalism, trustworthiness and quality of work that is second to none. Established in 1994, Mr. Electric is a franchise-based business with a proven business model, strong brand and business systems that are designed to work for the long term. The local owner for the Triangle and Triad areas brings a clear vision and a credible business plan forward. He has a comprehensive and proven business experience and has invested in Mr. Electric for the long term because he believes in Mr. Electric and he see tremendous opportunity for growth in Triangle and Triad markets. He has built a strong foundation for the business and assembled a very strong leadership team to enable the growth.
Mr. Electric has electricians that are all uniformed, insured, drug screened and background checked.
Apply today with formal cover letter and fully updated Resume! We process applicants as we receive them.
At Mr. Electric®, you don’t just work amongst fellow expert electricians. You learn from them, too. We’re big on collaboration, sharing expertise and making each other better. That, plus a competitive salary and the chance to work with a brand with over 23 years of excellence, makes working for an independently owned and operated Mr. Electric® franchise a great career move.
Mr. Electric LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Electric® franchised system. Each Mr. Electric® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Electric LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Electric LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Electric® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Electric LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Electric LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)