FIELD SUPPORT FLOATER
This is an entry-level position with an electrical service and small projects company. We are looking for someone on a longer term basis to grow with the company.
How best to describe this job
- This job exists for the sole purpose of helping the electricians and apprentices in the field to be as productive as possible...
- By providing support to them by helping to keep their trucks clean, maintained and stocked with basic wire and parts
- Saving them trips to the suppliers by quickly delivering what is needed to the job sites (a runner)
- Serving as a helper / laborer on the their job sites when needed and assigned
- Ordering / tracking special orders or needed items and picking up from supplier or arranging for delivery, either to shop or job sites
- Maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse, stocking only what is directed by management
- Securing larger tools or equipment and checking out/in when requested by an approved electrician
- Keeping good records and providing delivery or pick slips to the bookkeeping office
What are the types of skills & personal traits you need to be successful in this position?
- Have a basic understanding of company vehicles, research online and coordinate routine maintenance
- Work fast, hard and follow instructions, refusing to waste time on personal pursuits at work
- Have good dexterity and mechanical skills
- Follow safe working practices, while working on ladders and performing rigorous and heavier tasks on job sites
- Be a good communicator with field personnel, management, the office, suppliers and others
- Be well organized, clean, well groomed and tidy while quickly shifting from one functions to another
- While driving a company vehicle, do so courteously, safely and obeying all traffic laws
- Ensure compliance when checking out and securing company equipment and larger tools
- A team player with a service attitude
This is a full time job with benefits.
If this is what you are looking for, please fill out the required questions and send in your resume.
At Mr. Electric®, you don’t just work amongst fellow expert electricians. You learn from them, too. We’re big on collaboration, sharing expertise and making each other better. That, plus a competitive salary and the chance to work with a brand with over 23 years of excellence, makes working for an independently owned and operated Mr. Electric® franchise a great career move.
Mr. Electric LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Electric® franchised system. Each Mr. Electric® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Electric LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Electric LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Electric® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Electric LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Electric LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)